I was watching The Kardashians this week and Kim kept taking selfies while she was on vacation in Thailand and for some reason it almost "normalized" her to me. I mean we all take selfies and she does it shamelessly! I kinda love it, but kinda hate it at the same time because she is so self-absorbed.
Watching this just got me thinking about selfies... What is the purpose of selfies? Here's my take on the selfie trend!
- They make you feel good about yourself and boost your confidence
- You can take 50 pictures first and then you will get ATLEAST one of them that looks amazeballs!
- You don't have to worry about another person in your picture getting antsy and not wanting to take more pictures
- You can immediately show friends on social media how good you are looking (refer to #1 for how this will make you feel)
- It can remind you how good you don't look and will motivate you to go shower and get ready for the day
What do you think about selfies? Are they A-Okay or just self-absorbed ways of making yourself feel better?