July 7, 2014

Red, White & Blue






It wouldn't be a proper 4th of July if I didn't do some baking.  Baking and cooking is one of my absolute favorite things to do.  I really haven't had time since having a baby, but I decided to make some time since it was a holiday.

I need to take some lessons on cupcake decorating, but until then what I have done will have to work. When I was piping on some of the cupcake frosting the piping bag broke and frosting went EVERYWHERE!  I decided I wasn't going to let the cupcake win so I whipped up some more frosting and tried again.  It still didn't turn out great, but it sure was delicious!

The popcorn cake unfortunately was a flop.  It looked delicious, but the popcorn was all soggy.  Maybe it's because I bought buttered popcorn instead of plain, not sure.

Here are the recipes for the cupcake and popcorn cake.  I probably won't make the popcorn cake again, but I would definitely do the cupcakes again maybe even with different colors (I'm thinking wedding showers/baby showers/halloween, the options are endless)!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my little heart sparkle! Thank you for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...