December 5, 2012

Bargainista Link-Up + An Outfit Under 50


It's finally here, my Diaries of A Bargainista Link-up and my featured Guest Blogger Sarah from Tucker Up with an outfit under $50.

Link-up Rules:
  1. Follow Me Via GFC
  2. Like Sarah from Get Your Pretty On via Faceboo
  3. Link up to a specific bargain, outfit or shopping post (not your blog’s main page)
  4. Link back to our blogs or use the button below
  5. Last, but not least, have fun and make new friends
button

Now it's time for my girl Sarah to strut her stuff and show you her Steal of a Deal outfit for less than 50 bucks! Take it away Sarah!

Hey y'all! I am Sarah from Tucker Up and I am thrilled to pieces to be blogging here at All Things Alisa. Sit back, grab some coffee, and prepare for a budget friendly outfit that will blow. your. mind.

Not only do Alisa and I love clothes, shoes, and all thing fashion, but we also realized we live less that 20 miles from one another. There will be a blate (ya know, a blogger date?) in the near future!

Here is a quick run-digity-down on my life. I have a hubs named Chris who constantly makes my heart melt. Two furbabies that I treat like human children. New homeowner as of April 2012. Newlywed to the hunk mentioned above as of June 16th, 2012. Super in love with clothes,  but because of the items mentioned above, I am on a serious budget! That leads me to the point of this whole post: a fabulous outfit for under $50. Now we are talkin' my language. Lesssss gooo! 

Onto the important stuff! I could blabber on for days about clothes, but I might have a slight obsession when it comes to leopard print. What can I say? It is classic, neutral, and adds that sassy side to any blah outfit. Can I get an Amen?

When Alisa asked me to create an outfit for under $50 my mind started racing with ideas. I think I burned more calories brainstorming ideas for this outfit than going to the gym. Yes, I love fashion that much. What did I turn to for inspiration? Why, Pinterest of course!

I know you have seen this fab picture roaming the streets, ehhhh pages, of Pinterest. Well she made the cut to be on my board and thanks to her, I created the purrrrfect outfit! Here is my inspiration pic.

via
Isn't her outfit adorbs?! Now the challenge was to find pieces in my closet that don't exceed $50. I would be lying if I said it wasn't tough. I may have had to use my accountant skills (did I mention that is my day job?) in calculating which cardi fit into the equation, literally.

At last, here is the final product:




Pants from Target $20.00 {here} // Shoes from market days $10.00 // Cardigan from Target (on sale) $7.68 // Leopard shirt from TJ Maxx $9.99

Total for outfit: $47.67!!

Excuse the excessive pictures. This is what you get when you ask an engineer to be a photog.

So, ladies and gents. There ya have it. For less than fifty smackaroos you can create the perfect outfit out of items found in your own closet! With a little number crunchin' and cardi-swappin' you can create the perfect outfit on a budget!

Thanks to Alisa for having me over here are her fab blog! Have a great day!!

Also, I'm linking up with Shanna,  I Am Pisces & The Pleated Poppy!



19 comments:

  1. I was excited to link up & see Sarah, I love her blog and am pumped to see every one else's finds. Thanks for a link up that's right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!! SO fun to be posting over here today :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE her outfit! I am also absolutely and totally obsessed with her mantle decorating skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't believe that is under $50!!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit! I love the mustard jeans! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post. xo

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this link-up and love the pants - I just posted some pics in those same pants over Tgiving! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blog hopping - very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit and I love your fireplace decoration! So festive :)

    life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment on The Domestic Fringe and letting me know about this link-up. I love a good bargain.

    Great outfit. Love the color of the pants.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! And I LOVE your hair :) I need new flats SOOOO bad.
    Thanks for following me and linking up with The GFC Collective this week, hope to see you back!

    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this outfit and this link up! Your blog is awesome and I can't wait to follow along!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea! you look fantastic! and your outfit is very cute!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! So glad to have found yours, it's so cute! Can't wait to see more from you! :)

    Jamie
    forevereightyone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea.....which leads me to how much I love target haha :)
    Brooke @ what2wear

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the comment! Adorable blog. Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my little heart sparkle! Thank you for stopping by!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...